Saturday, March 17, 2012

The wild weekend so far....

The weekend so far: Thursday at the Hurricane, a young, single mom (with cute 6-year-old-daughter-with-crayon-menu-drawing in tow) came up to me as I was leaving and said something like "I was having probably one of the worst days in my life, but your songs, the sound of your voice, calmed me down and made me realize that this all will pass and things will get better..."

Forgive the little self-satisfied smile on my face the whole drive home.

And last night in Nashville, the room was full, people were listening, singing along, and having fun all night and I looked up and realized I had been playing 2.5 hours straight - and it's a 3-hr. gig!?! So, I just kept going and it was a blast. (Bruce Springsteen is a BABY - he's got a band with him.)

Met alot of great people - and was so tired when I got home that when I got up at 8am to go practice for tonight's Connor's Pub rock/drunk-fest, I realized I had left my guitar leaned up next to my front door on the porch. Outside. All night. Thank you, humanity (for not paying attention this morning.) I'm going to be optimistic and plan on the rest of the weekend going as swimmingly.

 And if it doesn't, that too shall pass.....

No comments:

Post a Comment